Unknown machete-wielding thugs on Thursday night raided three homes and injured two people in Rubaga Division.       

The group of thugs armed with pangas, clubs, and stones raided three separate homes in Kinonya zone-Masanafu at around 2:00 am. 

One of the victims, Cyrus Kimeze, says that he was injured by the thugs when he tried to resist their demands of surrendering all his belongings in the house. 

“I was in a deep sleep when they broke into my room, they woke us up, with the beatings asking me for the money, some even know I’m a driver, they took my phone and cash amounting to Ug.Sh.450,000 and left me injured on the head. Kimeze said in a statement recorded by the officers.” 

The same group is alleged to have broken into the houses of Florence Batenga, and Alex who was also injured in the attack. They stole music systems, phones, and other valuables. 

Kampala Metropolitan Deputy Police spokesperson Luke Owoyesigyire says that the police are still tracing the thugs. 

At least 500 suspected machete attackers were arrested in the recent operations in different parts of the Kampala Metropolitan area last month. 

Although the operation under the command of Kampala Metropolitan Police commander Stephen Tanui, has been relaxed in the past two weeks, other incidents have been reported in Busabala-Makindye Division and Kanyanya in Kawempe Division. 

Joseph Ssebambulide the chairperson of Nsoba zone, in Kawempe Division says the situation of pang-wielding attacks is still worrying especially in Lubaga and Kawempe Division, despite police presence.

More than 25 people were injured in five separate attacks in Namungoona, Kyengera, Kawempe, and Nabweru-Nansana areas in the two past months by machete-wielding assailants, who robbed cash, mobile phones, and other house valuables. 

The first attack in Namungoona Zone 1 in Rubaga Division in April left one person dead and two others critically injured. At the beginning of the month, Denis Mayanja, Frank Matovu, Sarah Nalubwama, Charles Ntambi, Frank Kawooya, JB Ssempija, John Musoke, and Aisha Nakimbugwe, were also injured in the night home raids in Wakimese-Kyengera town council.

Other home attacks occurred in Kazo central, Kazo-Muganzirwazza, and Nabweru South in Nabweru Division and Kawempe by assailants on  April 8 ,these left Ronald Baligye, Suleiman Mukasa, Esther Nakabuye, and Anasio Mutabazi also nursing injuries.  

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply